What if it is your technology use? Radiation from wireless devices are causing more health problems then ever before. But what can we do about it?
Last night I went to a local movie theater to watch “Generation Zapped” a documentary to educate the public on how our technology is affecting our bodies. I learned a ton about what could be making me feel so crappy even though I eat clean, do my best to lower my stress levels, exercise, and etc.
It was absolutely eye opening. There was a panel of experts, biologists, electricians, and citizens who want to know more and a discussion following the documentary showing.
I learned plenty about how to protect myself, and my family by making some very simple changes in how I use my technology and how it is set up in my home.
Here is the list:
- Turn the bluetooth function off on all devices when not in use.
- Turn off devices and wi-fi routers at night.
- Put devices in airplane mode whenever possible
- Place personal devices outside the bedroom at night and at least 12 fee away from work spaces.
- Do not charge any devices in the bedroom at night because of dirty electricity exposure.
- Work off-line whenever possible and use wireless only when needed for sending/receiving emails, internet searches, etc.
- Use speaker phone, hollow-tube or air-tube headsets for cell phone calls.
- Never place an active device on the body-not on laps, in pockets, or bras. Instead, always carry transmitting devices in the back pack or purse.
- Use a landline! Transfer your calls from your cell phone to your landline. Note the base station of cordless phones, know as DECT phones, emit radio frequency radiation 24/7. They should be replaced with corded phones. If you choose to keep a cordless phone at home it should be in it’s base all the time. Not having the phone in the base increases RF radiation emission.
- Avoid smart home gadgets such as wireless alarms, Amazon Alexa, etc.
- Avoid smart toys and wireless devices for infants, toddlers and children. Use wired baby monitors instead of wireless ones. Put devices in airplane mode before giving a child to play games.
- Call your department of public works to opt out of your “smart meters”.
- Avoid taking your phone in metal enclosures such as elevators, cars, buses, trains and planes as they act like a faraday cage and amplify the radiation.
- Download and use your social media and text messaging apps on your hard-wired computer, instead of a mobile device.
- Use a wired keyboard, wired mouse and printer, with wifi antennas turned off.
- Change your wireless networking system to a powerline networking system for your computers. You still need to use a wifi router but you can be hardwired through your power lines.
- Be mindful of second-hand radiation exposure of others when using your mobile devices in active mode.
You may wonder as I did what difference you phone will make in airplane mode as I did: Here is a video to show you!
I also wondered “When Should I Use Airplane Mode On My Phone?
Cheers to your health (and live balance!),